**PLEASE NOTE: Applicants from the United States may proceed with a regular domestic application here: https://nipawin.org/admissions/application-information/ **
International Student applications must be received by
- May 31st for a September (fall) start date;
- September 30th for a January (winter) start date.
To be considered for acceptance as an International Student at Nipawin Bible College you must meet the following six criteria:
- Profession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and evidence of a born-again experience. As well as consistency in Christian living and a commitment to spiritual growth. You will share about this in the personal profile on the application from. Additionally, your 3 references will likely speak to this
- Any International Students with citizenship from not in UK, New Zealand, or Australia, must complete an English test and achieve test scores which reveal a college-level competency with North American English. NBC recognizes there are differences around the world in how English is spoken. Since NBC’s purpose is primarily biblical training and discipleship, learning English is at best, a secondary purpose *Note: See a list of approved exams and minimum score requirements under the Language Proficiency requirements heading
- You must be able to provide the full cost of tuition and housing fees for the 1st semester ($7000 CAD) before we will issue you an acceptance letter. Since the Canadian government requires international students to provide “proof of financial support” during the study permit application, meeting this in-house policy will also improve your chances of receiving a study permit after acceptance, while also ensuring NBC is protecting its status as a government designated College in Canada by not providing acceptance letters to international students who have no way to afford an education in North America. Please find additional information on the Study Permit process below. You may also note our full refund policy in the Application Process below
- You must have a valid Passport to be able to travel to Canada
- Have gone through the entire application process, including sending your application (with personal profile and picture), $200 CAD application fee, and we’ve received your three references
- Graduation from high school (some exceptions made for mature individuals age 25+ who are clearly purposeful toward their training at NBC). We will require a transcript from your High School and (if applicable), most recent University/Post-Secondary education (if you have a post secondary degree your high school transcript is not required) *Note: Any provided transcripts/credentials must be translated into English if they are in a different language.
Application Process and Acceptance
- Read carefully through the Criteria list above to help ensure you have the best chance of being accepted as a student before beginning the following process.
- Complete your English Language Proficiency Requirement if necessary (as explained in the Criteria). If you don’t pass the exam, there’s no reason to continue with the application process.
- Think through your financial situation. If it will not be possible for you to pay for the full tuition and housing for the first semester at this point (as explained in the Criteria), there’s no reason to continue with the application process. For the cost of tuition and room and board at Nipawin Bible College you may click here. To view our scholarships click here
- Make sure you have a Passport to be able to travel to Canada. If it is expired or will expire before you return from Canada renew it.
- Fill out the application form on-line, or print it and mail or fax it to NBC. Be sure to include the following with your application:
- $200 non-refundable application fee
- if sent through mail please send a certified cheque or money order (no cash)
- with online application you can pay using PayPal
- you may send an email money transfer to email@example.com
- you may phone NBC at 1-888-862-5095 and pay with Credit Card
- Recent photo of yourself (head and shoulders picture)
- Your “personal profile” as explained on the last page of the application form
- $200 non-refundable application fee
- Ask three individuals to complete reference forms for you. These can be done three ways:
- they can fill out references online
- you can print them and they can scan/email, or fax them to NBC
- you can print them and they can mail them to NBC
- Have your previous school(s) send NBC your transcript (as explained in the Criteria)
- After completing the above 6 steps, contact us to discuss if your application looks favourable enough to pay the tuition and housing fee for the 1st semester ($7000 CAD).
- Please keep in mind that you will not receive acceptance to Nipawin Bible College until all the Application Process steps above are completed.
- Once an International Student has gone through all the steps above and if we have made the decision to accept you, then NBC is able to issue a formal Acceptance Letter.
- Additionally, we will issue you an invoice showing your account (Tuition and Housing) has been paid in full for the 1st semester. You will use these documents in your study permit application process with the Canadian government.
*Note: If an International Student is not granted a study permit from the
Canadian government, Nipawin Bible College will fully refund the full cost
of tuition and housing fee paid. This does not include the $200 application fee
which is non-refundable.
Language Proficiency Requirements
A minimum score of:
TOEFL - 80 (iBT)
TOEFL - 213 (computer-based)
Duolingo - 105
Achieving the above score will ensure International Students can communicate well enough in English to complete, learn, and grow through their coursework at NBC. Exams must be taken within the 12 months prior to first day of class. All full-time NBC students are required to carry a full course load, including those hoping to come and improve their English.
Study Permit process with Canadian Government
Details about a study permit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html
Proof of Acceptance, Identity, and Financial Support: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3
Please note, that in addition to having paid your tuition and housing fee at NBC, the Canadian government will have additional requirements for finances.
In the event that NBC is no longer designated for the International Student Protocol (ISP) there is a formal process that must take place. This is outlined in Appendix A of the International Student handbook.
International Student Handbook
Click the button below to download the PDF of our International Student Handbook. Please read through this for the most complete information regarding being an international student while at NBC.
Payment for International Student Application
Choose a method to pay $200 Application Fee
For PayPal payment click here
For email transfer send to firstname.lastname@example.org
To pay with Credit Card phone Nipawin Bible College 1-306-862-5095
To mail certified cheque or money transfer use same address as for printed reference forms below.
Each applicant to Nipawin Bible College needs three references:
- your pastor/youth pastor
- a Christian friend
- a teacher or employer.
NOTE: Family members and/or significant others will NOT be accepted as references.
Printed reference forms may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Nipawin Bible College, Admissions
Please keep in mind that the application cannot be processed until reference forms are received.