Home Forums Church History I Week #6 Class Responses Differences Between My Church and Early Church

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There are some obvious differences between my church and the early church. The architecture and layout of my church is much more modern and basic, no art on the walls, the baptismal tank is in the sanctuary hidden until needed, and there is no natural light in the sanctuary at all.

Baptisms are done multiple random times a year, with participants clothed, and baptized solely by the pastor. This is as opposed to naked baptisms around Easter done by the deacon or deaconess of your gender.

Another difference is the order of service, and worship. No one is asked to leave if they have not yet been baptized, no one kisses each other, and the Eucharist/communion is only performed once a month, on the first Sunday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Our Churches share in a lot of the same differences then the Early Church. However it is still good to see some of these practices used today in a more modern way. This really helps us see where the Church has went in terms of architecture, worship, Eucharist, and Baptism.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.