Home Forums Church History I Week #6 Class Responses Differences Between My Church and the Early Church

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The early church seems like quite an adventure. The church I attend baptizes fully clothed and as adults, not infants. I was baptized by men, not women. We do not partake in communion every Sunday, rather we share in communion the first Sunday of every month. The sanctuary faces north, so we do not pray facing the east. Another difference is the kiss of peace, we definitely do not go around kissing people in church. Despite many differences, the heart behind church seems to be very similar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is so interesting to me to compare the early church to modern churches, especially in seeing where some of our practices have been derived from and how they have been further developed. I agree with you that the heart behind the church seems to be very similar. Even though most services today are not centered around the Eucharist, our services still revolve around the worship of God and the fellowship of believers in communal worship, even though that looks a little different for us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.