Home Forums Church History I Week #6 Class Responses Differences Between My Church and the Early Church.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The early Churches architecture was something that was quite wonderful. Some simulairites is that my church is mostly lit with natural light in the sanctuary. My Church is fairly basic with no art upon the walls. We have quite a few rooms in our Church that all serve different peruses.
    Our worship part looks different that the early Church. Their focus seemed to be based around the Eucharist whereas ours is more based around the preaching. We also do not ask people to leave if they are not baptized and we do not greet each other with a kiss.
    We normally only celebrate the Eucharist at the beginning of each month not every time we meet together.
    When someone in the Church wants to be baptized, we usually go out to a lake and baptize someone there. We do not have a set date when we baptize everyone, we just do it whenever someone wants to be baptized.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since your church doesn’t ask people to leave, are they allowed to take part in communion or is there just an announcement made about who is allowed to? That’s really cool that you have a lake where you can go baptize people. Are they offered baptismal classes or do they just make the decision and then get baptized?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.