Home Forums Church History I Week #3 Class Response Persecution in Afghanistan

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Christianity has been completely driven-out from Afghanistan since the 13th century by the Muslim Conquest. Now Afghanistan is known today to be extremely Islamic, and will reject any other religion. It is considered a capitol offense for any Afghani individual to convert from Islam. Christians worship in secret in house churches because persecution is extreme. If found out or suspected, the person may be sought out and will go under religious persecution and can be killed, unless they show their obedience to Islam but forced under Muslim extremists. Similar of the Third century (249), under the reign of Decius. Those who refused to Worship the Gods, as it was for any individuals today who refuse Islam, is considered high treason. The people who didn’t want to be martyred, were then told to recant also. Although the authorities under decius main focus was to force the Christians to abandon their faith, Afghanistan today is more susceptible to not holding back in persecuting Christians.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/19635-Article%20Text-46118-2-10-20130518%20(1).pdf

Afghanistan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Reading about persecution of Christians in various places in the world, alongside reading about the persecution of Christians in the first three centuries has been really eye opening for me. To see of a religion like Islam dominating any region is sad. It would be interesting to look into what Missionary organizations are at work in Afghanistan and what work they have going on. I also wonder what it would feel like to meet secretly for church, and to have such a strong faith in the face of possible persecution!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.