Home Forums Church History I Week #2 Class Response Questions About Early Christianity Arising From The Article

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I do not know a lot about the early history of the church, so in assuming that this article is not accurate, I have a few questions that have arisen about what really happened. In this article Constantine was portrayed in an extremely negative light, so my question is, how much of this angle of his reign is accurate, and were any of Constantine’s contributions beneficial to early Christianity? In this article early Christians are portrayed as murderous people in order to prove that their view is true and to force others to think the same. Was early Christianity really this murderous? Were there events in early Church history that could have been taken out of context to form this view? If so was there a different motive or reason, other than just not having the same belief, that non-Christians were killed?

Anonymous
    Inactive

These are all great questions that I too had as I was reading the article. It was a foreign concept to read about such murderous people being connected to Christianity. Reading this article from such a different perspective definitely brought up many questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.