Home Forums Church History I Week #1 Class Responses What does Nehemiah 9 tell us about the purpose of history?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Nehemiah 9 brings to light why we can look at history and what the purpose is in studying what happened long ago. Nehemiah 9 tells of what the Israelites were doing and where their attention was going. They were gathering together and focusing on the fact that God keeps His promises and is sovereign through it all. No matter what trials they were going through, God was faithful and they were learning from the mistakes of their ancestors. Even through disobedience, God is faithful and He does not abandon His people. In studying history, one can learn about God’s continued providence and how He is constant through all the generations. One can see growth and maturity in humanity and God’s continued grace. I feel that this is especially important during this pandemic because God is still faithful and He is still with me. In studying history right now, I can be encouraged by God’s work and His providence both now and long ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So good to hear how you have applied this chapter to the current situation Dana. 1 Corinthians 10:11 referring to the Old Testament history tells us that “these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.”
    When we glean from history, we are reminded that we too were saved from our bondage, and that we too were saved for a purpose. May we each live out of bondage and for His purpose for us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.