Website Anola Fellowship Chapel

Anola Fellowship Chapel (AFC) in Anola, MB is seeking to hire a full-time Spirit filled male pastor to lead the Adults and Youth at AFC to a closer relationship to Jesus Christ through Biblical teaching and example. We are offering two options: a full-time, salaried position that is ¾ pastoral and ¼ youth minister; or a ¾ position that is only pastoral.


Key Roles and Responsibilities


•                 Work collaboratively with the Board of Elders in setting vision, planning, conducting, and evaluating church ministries.

•                 Provide oversight of the day-to-day operations, administration, and ministries.

•                 Provide leadership to the various ministries of AFC through prayer and ministry of the Word of God.

•                 Inspire the church body to engage in ministry opportunities to reach out to the church and the unchurched in our community.

•                 Equipping the congregation in the needs of members as well as community.

•                 Deliver challenging sermons that are Biblically based on sound doctrine.

Preaching and Teaching

•                 Be responsible for overseeing the Sunday morning worship service in co-operation with the Worship Team.

•                 Responsibility of delivering the message on approximately 75% of Sunday mornings and expected to find pulpit supply for the remaining 25%.


•                 Pray regularly for the congregation and community and maintain a prayer support base.

•                 Provide pastoral visitation and short-term counseling.

•                 Provide crisis availability and intervention.

•                 Provide ministry through weddings and funerals.

•                 Disciple-maker – Able to coach followers of Jesus in taking next steps in their spiritual growth.

Optional Youth Ministry ( ¼  time)

•                 Lead our students in their spiritual growth through weekly youth group meetings; including (but not limited to) social activities, teaching times, small groups, one-on-one discipleship, and opportunities to serve.

•                 Provide pastoral care for our students, as well as for their families and encourage them in their relationship with their youth.

•                 Recruit, train and develop youth leaders to assist in the ministry.

•                 Be connected well with current issues, needs, and challenges that youth face today.


•                 A humble servant-leader as described 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9.

•                 Be a member of the church and support the mission and vision of the church.

•                 Be in full agreement with, and live your life in congruence to, the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Statement of Faith.

•                 Possesses good communication and relational skills and relates well to all generations.

•                 Able to gain consensus on a team, drive team collaboration and cohesiveness, and willingness and ability to diffuse conflict.

•                 Clear call to vocational ministry

•                 Technical computer literacy

Education and Training

•                 Preference given to those with a post-secondary theological degree and formal training in Pastoral ministries and theology.

•                 Related pastoral experience an asset.

Professional Development

•                 Encouraged for continued growth in readiness for every good work (1 Timothy 2:20-21). This may include further study, a deeper personal walk with God, taking better care of their health, or growth in relationships.

•                 Willingness to perform a yearly review and evaluation of your ministry by the Board of Elders, and to develop Professional and Personal Development Plans to map your continued growth in ministry.

•                 Be accountable to at least one other person, for example a mentor or a colleague in ministry.


Application Requirements

1. Send resume to

2. Resume should include:

a. A cover letter.

b. Work & ministry experience.

c. Level of Biblical education.

d. A minimum of three references (ministry, personal, & local church).

3. Provide your personal statement of faith.

4. A Bachelor of Biblical Studies, Theology, or equivalent; Masters of Biblical Studies, Theology, or Ministry preferred.

5. Legally entitled to work in Canada

To apply for this job email your details to