Biggar Associated Gospel Church
Biggar AGC Pastor’s Job Description
The community of Biggar, with a population of 2600 people, is located one hour west of Saskatoon, SK. Biggar has both a Catholic, K-9 school, and a public K-12 school. It is a rural farming community with lots of amenities, including a hospital, nursing home, banks, restaurants, 2 grocery stores and a variety of other retail stores and pharmacies.
Biggar AGC is a small congregation of approximately 60 people who gather on Sunday mornings for prayer time, morning service which also includes a Children’s Church. The congregation includes both young families, seniors and new and mature believers. Some of the church activities and groups include a Men’s night which meets every 2nd week, a Ladies Bible Study which meets weekly on Wednesday mornings, and a VBS which runs for a week in August.
As a congregation we are looking for a male Pastor, who feels called by God, to lead the congregation by good example, showing integrity, honesty, and a sincere heart to follow Christ. This candidate must have received formal training from a seminary school as well as experience in Pastoring and leading a church. The individual must have full support from his wife and must also meet AGC requirements and agree with the AGC doctrine.
Duties of the Biggar AGC Pastor would include the following:
1. Full-time position – this includes having set office hours at the church building
2. Self-motivated and disciplined to manage time in an effective manner
3. Prepare and deliver Sunday morning sermons
4. Lead the congregation in Communion, baptisms, dedications as needed/requested.
5. Build relationships as well as disciple and walk beside congregation members as they grow in their walk with Christ
6. Build relationships within the community of Biggar
7. Visit Hospital and nursing home
8. Oversee day to day church activities
9. Lead by example with honesty and integrity and a servant heart
10. Attend monthly meetings with the Biggar AGC leadership team
11. Form a good, honest, working relationship with the leadership team and committee chair persons
12. Other duties as agreed upon
Contact Email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org