Website Summerland Baptist Church
Children’s Ministry Senior Intern
As the Children’s Ministry Senior Intern, you will join a creative, experienced Children and Youth team who are passionate about helping the next generation follow Jesus. During this internship you will specialize in Children Ministry but have plenty of opportunities to also work and plan for Youth Ministry.
When you first arrive, we will take time to orientate you and the Youth Ministry Senior Intern to our building, programs, people and ideas for summer programing. Next you will spend time, together with the team creating, planning and organizing Summer children/youth programming. Depending on current programing you will also join in what’s already happening at SBC. This might include participating in a Sunday Gathering, helping to run in person or zoom afterschool Bible Studies, or teaching the Bible story for SBCkids.
When summer arrives, junior interns will join the team and you and the Youth Intern will be prepared to lead them in running/implementing Summer children and youth programming.
You will be partnered with a staff member at SBC who will meet weekly with you for mentorship. The Children and Families Pastor will supervise, equip you and train you in leadership and child faith development. Each week you will participate in an intern Bible study.
Throughout your time with us we want to see you even more grounded in how Jesus affects how you see yourself, know more head and heart knowledge about your God, try some new things, use your voice and gifts, leave with a bigger sense of your purpose, and miss us when you leave.
Dates of Internship – May 3 – August 27th, 2021
- Be involved with planning, coordinating and implementing children, youth and family ministry programs
- Co- Lead Junior interns in planning, scheduling and implementing summer children and youth ministry programing.
- Care for and teach Children
- Receive training in Work Safe, Plan to Protect and Child Development.
- Work on an experienced Children and Youth team
- Nurture character growth individually and in children and youth.
- Maintain healthy work relationships with others while working on a team.
- Have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Statement of Faith and Core Values of Summerland Baptist Church.
- Have a passion to share your faith.
- Show an eagerness to learn and grow
- Have a passion for engaging and investing in children.
Send a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be our Children and Family Intern along with your resume to our Children’s Pastor:
Bree Young: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use “C&F Intern” as your subject.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com