Evangelical Free Church of Onoway
The Evangelical Free Church of Onoway is looking for a part-time Pastor for our church. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to effectively preach the whole scripture in context, with practical application to daily living. You will also possess pastoral and people skills including: leading, caregiving, encouraging, empathizing, supporting and coaching. You should be approachable and perceptive in your dealings with individuals. You will be committed to maintaining the Evangelical Free ethos, the priesthood of all believers and a congregational style of church governance.
· About 60% providing pulpit ministry.
· About 30% providing spiritual leadership and pastoral care including but not limited to prayer, counselling, premarital counselling, and weddings/funerals.
· About 10% board meetings, planning and reporting.
· Strong expository preaching from the whole scripture.
· Someone who passionately lives out God’s Word in spite of Canada’s post Christian culture.
· Devotion to prayer and Bible study.
· Ability to love people unconditionally and truthfully.
· A passion for missions and outreach.
· Seeks excellence in their pastoral role.
· Has a heart for a thriving local church.
· Training from a recognized theological institution is an asset.
· Expository preaching is preferred.
· One or more years pastoral experience is an asset
· Professional or work experience outside of pastoral ministry is considered a benefit.
· Experience or willingness to be credentialed in the Evangelical Free Church denomination is encouraged.
This is a part time position that could work into a full time position depending on church growth. The pastor’s hours of work shall be approximately 20 hours a week to start. Compensation will depend on experience and workload. The pastor has flexibility to arrange his hours to enable him to have the ability to add an additional part-time job, provided that he preaches at least three Sundays a month. The church has a 1200 sq. ft., 3 bedroom parsonage and detached garage available that would be included in the compensation.
Who we are
The Evangelical Free Church of Onoway currently has a membership of 16 plus approximately 25 adherents from all age groups. We have been without a pastor for 5 years and have learned how to care for each other and the church with lay people. We currently focus on teaching and study. With pastoral leadership, we would like to expand our presence in the community.
Onoway is a small community of about 1000 located just west of Edmonton located close to Stony Plain, surrounded by a busy rural community. Onoway has a post office, grocery store, gas stations, restaurants and other services. Many in the community commute to Edmonton and area for work. One can walk to most everything in town. Alberta has a strong homeschool tradition. Onoway is close enough to the greater Edmonton area for all services including part time employment.
Candidates may email their resume to Brad, Chair of the Pastoral Search Committee at email@example.com. For further information, please contact Brad by email. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org