Website Melfort Evangelical Covenant Church
To know Jesus Christ and to make Him known
Lead Pastor – Melfort Evangelical Covenant Church, Melfort, Saskatchewan
About the Church
Melfort Evangelical Covenant Church (MECC) is searching for a lead pastor who feels called by God to lead an established and thriving Covenant church in north-east Saskatchewan. We are looking for someone who will be a good teacher for our congregation, who will lead by example, and who can equip the congregation for effective ministry in our community.
With roots in the Covenant Church dating back to 1910, MECC adheres to the centrality of the Word of God as the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct. MECC has a current membership of about 80, with an average Sunday attendance of between 120 and 160 people across a broad range of ages. With a strong emphasis on spiritual growth and development, MECC offers weekly Sunday school classes across all age groups, various mid-week Bible studies, and care groups. Our Director of Family Ministries leads a vibrant Tweens (70+ students). Youth (30+ students), and Sunday School (50+ students) ministry. Our Worship Ministry Team Leader coordinates five worship teams, each bringing a unique style that lends variety to our services. Although we have an active and vibrant congregation, we also desire to be a church that serves our community well and reaches it with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our mission statement… “To know Jesus Christ and to make Him known”.
The church, built in 1991, features a multi-use room that serves as both a sanctuary and a gym, a well equipped kitchen, one spacious meeting room, a nursery, several smaller meeting rooms, a spacious youth centre and many classrooms. The office area includes an outer office for our church administrative assistant, as well as offices for the Lead Pastor and the Director of Family ministries. The church is well used by various church and community groups throughout the week, which fits our goals of both teaching and growing our members, and serving our community.
About the town of Melfort
Melfort, the “City of Northern Lights”, is nestled in Saskatchewan’s great North-East, a land dominated by fertile farmland and a variety of forests, lakes and recreational areas. WIth a population of just under 6,000, you’re rarely more than 5 minutes away from where you want to be. Melfort offers a small town atmosphere with small city amenities, including a number of restaurants and enough local retail to meet most daily needs. However, Melfort is also located less than an hour from Prince Albert, less than two hours from Saskatoon, and three hours from Regina.
The City of Melfort boasts a number of excellent culture and recreation facilities. The Northern Lights Palace with its large multi-purpose arena and indoor leisure wave pool, water slide, whirlpool, sauna and swimming pool, is the focal point of recreational facilities for northeastern Saskatchewan. The Kerry Vickar Centre boasts a large gymnasium used for a variety of sports throughout the year, as well as a performing arts theatre which brings various concerts and plays to the city. The Melfort Golf and Country Club is an 18 hole golf course located right within the city. Our city’s new slogan “Play Melfort” attests to the extensive opportunities to be involved in various sports and arts.
Melfort also offers very good health and education services. The Melfort Union Hospital is currently undergoing a major renovation and expansion which will bring all medical services to one convenient location. Three K-6 elementary schools and one 7-12 high school serve the academic needs of our students. In addition, the Cumberland Regional College provides a full range of first and second year classes from the Universities of Regina and Saskatoon and from SIAST.
Preference will be given to the person who displays personal characteristics and demonstrates professional skills as described below:
● A person who truly loves God and people, is practical, and has a good sense of humour (which he will need to work with us…!)
● A person willing to embrace a life-style typical of a more rural, north-east Saskatchewan kind of community (that may include camping, fishing, hunting, riding around on farm equipment…. etc.) and is willing to make a longer-term commitment to pastoral ministry in that context.
● A person who, though hard-working and passionate, also knows how to balance professional Christian ministry with time for personal and family development.
● Being able to differentiate between a cultivator and a combine may improve a candidate’s chances of success…. 🙂
● A person with a minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry from an accredited theological institution.
● A person with a minimum of 4 years of experience in pastoral ministry.
● A person who is willing to adhere to the policies and mandates of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada and its parent body, the Evangelical Covenant Church.
● A person who is able to articulate his personal faith in Jesus Christ and who adheres to the Bible as God-breathed and authoritative.
● A person who is skilled in teaching and preaching the Bible accurately, and also in a manner that is relevant and practical for today’s personal challenges.
● A person who has good people skills, relating to all ages, building relationships naturally and intentionally with people in the church as well as in the community.
● A person who has significant administrative skills but who can work collaboratively with the Elders Board, the Director of Family Ministries, and various Ministry Team Leaders and staff.
● A person who can equip the people of the church, strengthening them through various discipleship ministries to effectively deliver the gospel to the larger community.
● A person with a passion to involve himself in the lives of the congregation with a servant’s heart.
MECC provides a salary and benefits package commensurate with standards established by the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada.
To find out more about our church, check us out on-line:
Facebook: Melfort Evangelical Covenant Church
Further Employment Details
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay Scale: In accordance with the ECC
Start Date: As mutually agreed upon
Application Deadline: November 30, 2017
For more information regarding this position, or for a detailed Job Description, contact:
Please submit any resumés to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org