Website Pinecrest Baptist Bible Camp
A back-to-basics camp seeking great leaders!
● A camp director is responsible for developing the camp program, leading said program and to work with camp board gathering staff to run the camp program.
Living in accordance with the teachings listed in 1 Timothy 3:2-13.
· Currently enrolled in or studied ministry at the College Level. (not mandatory)
· Working towards a career in Ministry and discipleship. (not mandatory)
· Experience being part of the Youth Ministry / Youth Groups/ Youth Leading (not mandatory).
· Have previous experience as a counsellor, leader, coach, babysitter, or church program volunteer.
· He or she should have good leadership abilities and have an interest & desire for camp ministry.
· Is in good standing and an active part of their home church.
· Ability to work well with children of various ages.
· Must be a mature Christian and firm in their faith.
· Must be 18yrs of age or older.
· Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To fully understand and apply the guidelines set out in the Policy and Procedures Manual.
· To always ensure the safety of both campers and staff throughout camp.
· Perform safety checklists and safety talks as required by the Board of Directors.
· To develop and deliver staff training jointly with the Board of Directors.
· Connect with registration regularly to plan accordingly.
· Connect with Camp cooks regularly to ensure they can plan accordingly. This includes numbers and dietary needs.
· Create and organize the weekly camp schedule of activities ahead of time.
· To submit to camp board requisitions for needed program supplies (crafts, games, etc.)
· Organize and lead staff meetings. This includes any pre-camp training and meetings during camp on site.
· Create cabin assignments for staff and campers.
· Delegate and schedule daily and weekly clean-up responsibilities of the camp and facilities.
· Booking off-site activities ahead of time (i.e.: swimming, horseback riding).
· Ensure the camp and facilities are ready for next camp.
· Assist Camp Speaker in development of theme and camp devotional.
· Arrange with the camp board any special purchases or meal requests.
· Assignment of areas of skill responsibilities to staff (i.e.: Crafts, ordering, waterfront, etc.)
· Acts as a Liaison for special guests and speakers.
· Must submit a summer report to the Board of Directors prior to September 1.
· Any other task given to them by the Camp Board relates to the success and growth of the campers and program.
Pinecrest Baptist Bible Camp is a short-term mission opportunity. It is a not-for-profit organization that is volunteer based. This position includes park entry, mileage, accommodation, and all food/activities while at camp.
Length of Employment:
You will be part of the Pinecrest Bible Camp team for 4-6 weeks. Camps usually start the end of June and run until the first part of August each summer.
How to apply:
Please apply online at pinecrestbiblecamp.ca or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which position you are applying for.
· Successful applicants will be required to submit a current ‘Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Verification’ and an Intervention Record Check prior to starting.
· Required to have plan to protect or equivalent program.
To apply for this job please visit www.pinecrestbiblecamp.ca.