Website Rock Solid Refuge
Restoring Adolescent Lives
REPORTING TO: Education Director
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. The program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training, equipping students to return to society as responsible citizens. We hold students accountable for honesty, obedience and respect through three primary approaches: Role-modeling, Relational influence and Authority. Rock Solid Refuge is on a farm setting, 34 km northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
- Represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
- Supervise and support students in the classroom Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm; Complete student assessments and grading alongside the Education team.
- An average of 40 hours/week dedicated to the role of Teacher; you may be asked to assist other departments.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with the Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith when relating to students
- Able to build positive relationships with students and staff
- Teaching Certificate
- Capable of physically and emotionally strenuous activity for long periods of time
- Become familiar with the Student Handbook and its application
- Build developmental relationships with students
- May be asked to mentor an assigned student, one-on-one, each week
- Supervise students and ensure their care, welfare, safety and security in daytime activities including times of crisis (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training Provided)
- Maintain reasonable control by holding students accountable for obedience, respect, and honesty.
- May be asked to administer and record medications
- Ensure students complete chores, and fulfill basic program requirements
- Assist the Education Director to determine the needs of each student
- Assist the Education Director with administrative duties as needed
- Possess and carry a cell phone for communication with team members
- Participate in assigned staff meetings for training and student reports
- Remuneration will be negotiated.
Box 1622 Shaunavon SK S0N 2M0 ● 306 297 3663 ● Fax 306 297 3063 ● email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org