Saskatchewan Baptist Association
Job Description, Regional Minister,Saskatchewan Baptist Association
April 21, 2023
Saskatchewan Baptist Association Identity and Mission Statements:
The Saskatchewan Baptist Association (SBA) is a family of Biblically Based churches that associate voluntarily within the North American Baptist Conference (NAB). The SBA exists to assist, support and hold one another accountable in making disciples of Jesus Christ and to facilitate the ministries we do collectively.
The NAB Conference is a group with a Missional Vision working to Develop Leaders, Plant Churches, through Cross Cultural Ministries around the Globe.
The Regional Minister is called to serve the SBA as a spiritual and administrative overseer; giving leadership, vision, direction and support to the member churches through regular contact with each local church and their pastors.
The Regional Minister will
1. Be a person of good standing who loves God.
2. Have a heart for sharing the Gospel.
3. Display the character of an elder as set forth in Titus 1:6-9 and1Timothy 3:1-7.
4. Be a preacher of the Gospel and teacher of the faith as embodied in the Scriptures.
5. Declare in writing, his agreement with the “NAB Statement of Beliefs” and “A Christian Affirmation of Marriage”
6. Be eligible for membership in an SBA church, with the expectation to join that church.
7. Be eligible for ordination in the NAB.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate provision of support and encouragement to the pastoral and lay leadership of the SBA in the areas of:
a. providing support and regular interaction with our pastors
b. pastoral placement
c. coaching and leadership development
d. congregational conflict resolution
2. Work with the SBA Executive Team to provide leadership, oversight anddirection to SBA ministries.
3. Facilitatecommunication between the SBA Executive Team, the NAB Leadership and the member churches of the association.
4. Facilitateprocuring ministry resources for association churchesfrom the NAB. Provide consultation on the selection and implementation of resources.
5. Develop and continuously add to a personal connection through:
a. attendance at church worship services, fellowship events and church leadership meetings.
b. regular communication with church leadership (moderator, lay leaders).
c. attend regional cluster meetings of SBA pastors.
6. Fulfil all communication, administrative and functional duties including:
a. attendance and participation in SBA Executivemeetings, regional meetings,
NAB Regional Minister’s meetings and significant conferences.
b. serving as an ex-officio member on all SBA ministry committees and boards.
c. preparing for and submitting to an annual performance review with the SBAExecutive Team.
d. providing written reports to the SBA Executive Team detailing their activities.
e. maintaining the files pursuant to the office in an orderly manner.
1. Maintain a growing personal walk with the Lord through bible study, prayer, and other spiritual disciplines.
2. Be a steward of their own professional development.
3. Maintain Godly priorities in their home.
4. Develop personal evangelism opportunities.
1. The Regional Minister is employed by the SBA and is primarily a representative of the SBA.
2. The Regional Minister shall be responsible to the SBA through the SBA Executive Team.
To apply for this job please visit sknab.ca.