Website Southey Baptist Church
Bi-Vocational Lead Pastor – Southey Baptist Church (NAB) – Southey, SK
We are a small church in Southey, SK, and a part of the North American Baptist Conference. Southey is a scenic 35-minute drive from Regina, with a population of around 800 people. Southey is a self-sufficient town with a preschool, a K-12 school, and a regional college satellite campus. Many amenities are available right in town, including year-round sports options for all ages, as well as various community and health services. For more information about the Town of Southey, visit https://southey.ca/
We are looking for a pastor who can live in town and faithfully minister the whole of God’s word to us and present a clear message of salvation through Jesus Christ, be available for visitation and spiritual guidance, and give general oversight to the church’s ministries. The key need for our church right now is for a pastor to affirm and expand the vision for the church, and to assimilate into the church and community cultures.
Please call Pastor Doug Gregory (Transitional Pastor) at 306-917-7500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you feel that the Lord might be leading you to consider this as a ministry possibility.
A. The Pastor is the primary spiritual leader. Therefore, we are seeking the following personal and spiritual qualifications:
1. Personal: prayerful, wise, faithful and steadfast, honest and trustworthy, teachable and adaptable.
2. Shepherding: genuine love and passion for people and a deep-seated desire to see them
come to faith in Christ and grow as Christ followers.
2. Preaching: a commitment to transformational preaching based solidly on the Word, with a strong passion for evangelism.
4. Varied life and ministry experiences.
5. A willingness to relocate to the community of Southey.
B. In addition to these, we are looking for the following professional qualifications:
– Bible School and/or diploma and/or degree.
– Experience in a variety of ministries within the church, with a record of church growth, particularly in the areas of families, youth and children.
C. The Pastor’s primary responsibilities are:
1. Pastoral Ministry/Care :
Provide primary spiritual advice, counsel, and service with a heart for healing to our church and community, such as:
– Sunday pulpit ministry providing spiritual nourishment through a sound Biblical foundation with practical application to everyday life
– Bible teaching opportunities during the week;
-Providing pastoral care to the congregation;
– Nurturing a community where everyone serves the body with their gifts.
– 2. Leadership: equipping the church to be vision-minded in all its ministries, activities, and
operations by working with the leadership team and intentionally discipling current and potential leaders.
3. Individual Congregant Care: Regular availability to provide visitation and counselling.
These primary responsibilities are to be performed with an underlying outreach to all ages in order to
grow the kingdom of God.
When applying, please include the following:
– Your current resume;
– Your brief personal testimony and statement of faith;
– Three non-family references including: (1) a mentee, (2) a mentor, and (3) a person who is not a part of your church.
Southey Baptist Church
Southey Baptist Church Mission Statement:
To be a Christ-like church by preaching the Word of God,
by encouraging one another,
and by making disciples in our community and everywhere,
who are committed to Christian living,
to the glory of God.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com