Website Saskatoon Agape Society
Christian non-profit organization in Saskatoon
- Plan, prepare, and teach well developed lessons with enthusiasm and inspiration, and promote enjoyment of learning.
- Select and sequence appropriate materials, resources, and approaches according to the course/content area and audience of learners.
- Ensure lessons are in line with planning and their respective objectives, and that segments of lessons are shared with students, as appropriate.
- Prepare lesson contents and topics which help students to improve their English language skills for practical daily-life situations.
- Incorporate Christian world view and Biblical content in teaching.
- Collaborate with educational staff to provide a positive learning experience for students
- Complete administrative tasks as defined.
- Provide teacher and/ or student feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to the board of directors and other managers/colleagues as requested.
- Be proficient at using online learning tools and spaces (i.e., ZOOM, Google Classroom, MS Teams, online chat groups, etc.).
- Attend staff meetings when required.
- Address and respond to student issues/emergencies as needed.
- Participate in staff-led evaluation processes consistent with defined parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college/university
- ESL or TESOL certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Chinese culture and Chinese language(s) is preferred
• Teaching/tutoring adult and senior students desired
• Working within a diverse environment of active learners
• Previous working experience at Chinese firms/ educational institutions is appreciated
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Excellent time management skills with an understanding of flexibility in prioritizing work
- Problem-solving capability
- Strong team player who is willing to work cooperatively with staff, board members, and students
- Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Attentive to deadlines
- Supports the aims, objectives, goals, ethos, and mission of SAS
- Proactively plans for situations and circumstances
- Acts on his/her own initiative within defined and acceptable parameters
- Assumes responsibility and ownership for work issues and problems of a primary operational nature
- Projects an appropriate professional image with a calm and resilient personality
- Imparts a positive impact with students and staff
- Speaks clearly, sensitively, and persuasively when interacting with stakeholders
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The cover letter should be addressed to the Board of Directors and explain your interest in the position and qualifications for it. Please include “English Class Teacher” in the subject line of the e-mail.
About Saskatoon Agape Society
Established in 2020, the Saskatoon Agape Society (SAS) is a Christian faith-based, registered non-profit organization in Saskatoon. The SAS aims to promote Christian values to the local Chinese community as a nondenominational nonprofit organization, to assist and support Chinese newcomers, to provide family education to the Chinese community in light of cross cultural challenges, to provide Christian education to the Chinese community, and to provide community activities for strengthening the Chinese Christian community.
For more information, please visit:
SAS English Class
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com