Website Summerland Baptist Church
Youth Senior Intern
The Youth Senior Internship is a unique opportunity to be discipled in a small and experienced Youth Ministry team as you collaborate together to invest in the hearts and lives of youth in the South Okanagan. You’ll work as part of a team led and mentored by the Youth Pastor and the Children and Families Pastor. You will work closely together to plan, organize and implement creative and engaging Summer experiences for youth and their families. The Youth Pastor will oversee your work and development and will give weekly guidance and support. The majority of the your practical time will be spent organizing, preparing, and leading programming for youth in grades 6-12. A portion of your time will be spent collaborating with the Children’s Senior Intern to help with children’s programming. During the Summer months the Senior Interns will collaborate together to lead four Junior Interns in running the summer programs. This internship is an excellent opportunity for discipleship, to grow in leadership and teaching skills, be mentored by experienced Youth, Children, and Family Ministry teams, and explore the aspirations and abilities God has planted in you.
Dates of Internship:
May 1, 2018 – August 27th, 2021
- Be involved with planning, coordinating, and implementing youth, children, and family recreational, caregiving, and educational programs.
- Co-Lead Junior Interns in planning, coordinating, and implementing summer youth and children programming.
- Work on an experienced Children and Youth team.
- Receive training in Work Safe, Plan to Protect, and Child Development.
- Maintain healthy work relationships with others while working on a team.
- Nurture character growth individually and in children and youth.
- Have a deep, growing personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Statement of Faith and Core Values of Summerland Baptist Church.
- Have a passion to share your faith.
- Show an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate collaboration, communication, and time management skills.
- Have a passion for engaging and investing in youth.
Send a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be our Youth Senior Intern along with your resume to our Youth Pastor:
Dustin Heigh: email@example.com
Use “Youth Senior Intern” as your subject.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org