This page will give you some of the details of what students need to know about arriving on campus and how the beginning of a typical college year will look.
There are several links and documents on this page that students need to read, and there are some forms that they will need to fill out before arriving at NBC.
Students can use this platform (NEO) to view grades, see assignments, view announcements, and much more.
Current students will be given a link and account details for NEO prior to the start of their first semester.
Arrival Dates & Times
Typical arrival week for students:
Sunday 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Juniors & Senior Students
Wednesday 2:30-5:30 p.m.
Thursday 3:30-5:00 p.m.
For a campus map, click on the button below.
What Students Need to Do Before Arriving:
- READ THE STUDENT HANDBOOK & TAKE THE QUIZ
- READ THROUGH NBC COMMUNITY STANDARDS FORM
- ROOMMATE QUESTIONNAIRE
- APPLY FOR STUDENT AID & BURSARIES (If needed)
- GET UPDATED POLICE CHECK & VULNERABLE SECTORS CHECK FROM LOCAL POLICE DETACHMENT (a letter for your detachment will be sent with your student info packages).**
** There will be a $100 fee if students come to school without a record check. Following this there will be a $50/week fee until the record checks are submitted. Third and fourth year students are not required to submit new record checks to NBC. However, they are responsible to find out what they need for any off-site practicums/internships.
Register for Classes
Students are asked to register for their classes before they arrive. Access to the online course registration will be provided to students prior to the start of the semester. If students have any questions about the registration process or have issues or special circumstances that don't fit with the registration form, they can call the college to speak with the NBC Registrar.
Look under the Schedules section below to see a sample 1st Semester Course Schedule.
Click on the button below to download a sample first semester weekly course schedule.
Student Handbook & Community Standards
Students are asked to read the Student Handbook before arriving on campus. These are the guidelines that we expect students to live by while at NBC. When students arrive on campus, they will be asked to sign the Community Standards Agreement Form (click on the button below to read).
Information Specifically for Freshmen
Here is some information for new students on what to bring to NBC, what not to bring, and a message for your parents about arrival.
What to Bring:
• Bedding (sheets, quilt, pillow) for twin bed
• Alarm clock
• Toiletries (soap, shampoo, razors etc.), towel, face cloths
• Binders, notebooks, paper, handbook
• Laptop/computer/printer (With Microsoft Word or Pages)
• NOTE: students will not be able to print papers in the library or through the front desk.
• Pens, pencils, markers, erasers, highlighters
• Sports equipment (soccer gear, running shoes, gloves, skates, hockey equipment, etc.) - Optional
• Any musical instrument you want to play
• Medicine (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Buckley’s)
• ID (Driver’s license-healthcare card)
• Clothes, shoes, laundry basket & detergents
• Formal Wear (see Student Handbook for guidelines)
• NOTE: We ask that students read the student handbook (pg. 14-15, Appendix C) before packing clothes in order to comply with NBC's dress code.
What NOT to bring:
• Large furniture
• Weapons (guns, knives)
• Space heaters
• Hot plates
A Note to Freshmen Parents/Guardians in Regards to Arrival
Join us for Supper!
We gladly invite all freshmen parents to join us for supper on the Thursday of student arrival week. If parents are coming for supper they will be required to register (made available in early August) so that we know how many to cook for on that Thursday.
If parents need to stay on campus before heading home on Friday, please contact the college as soon as possible to find out if there are accommodations available. They are welcome to bring an RV/camper to stay in on campus. Here is a list of local hotels if needed. Parents will need to make other arrangements for meals on Friday.
Green Groves Motel - 1.306.862.4633
720 - 726 8 Street West
Tobin Lake Motel - 1.306.862.4681
305 1 Avenue East
Northern Greens Resort - 1.866.862.6826
22 Evergreen Drive